Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May 2007

May. 11, 2007 - Friday Happenings

YEE HAW, the weekend is HERE!!!!!!!!! I am so glad! Today Brittany finishes up her language arts for the year. Then she will have her math to finish. I think she has one more lightunit of that. We aren't doing the last one as it's just a review unit anyway.
Well, today I hopped back onto the Flylady/ largefamilylogistics/ christian home advice wagon. So, okay, I have these hot tennis shoes on. You know that I am suppose to work faster and more efficiently with these things on, right? I am still waiting for my feet to motivate me. It's not happening as of yet. Motivation or not, I am going to do the routines. I need my schedules. I need those routines.
I think for dish washing I will finally set up three teams. I have discovered that Dalton(9) and Samuel (7) can work together as a team pretty well. So I thought, "hmmmm, why not have them do dishes one day, Brittany another and myself even another.". What a revolution!!!!!!!! LOL Oh yeah, here's another. Samuel made my bed this morning. Hey, I'm no dummy. Do I feel guilty?? Ummmm, no, I have to wash his bedwetting sheets! Okay, so it's a little rumpled and not exactly straight but it's good enough for me.
We are waiting on some friends to have their baby. We get to watch their children, Lord willing! She is going to be going anytime between now and Thursday. This is so exciting! This is their fifth blessing. So we are waiting on a call at anytime.
Tonight we are to go to a birthday party. I think they are grilling hotdogs or having a weenie roast along with some marshmallows. We bought this coolest science, flying object kit for the birthday boy to work along with his parents and siblings. Samuel is turning 8 next month and we may get him one too. He acted interested in that and another bug kit.
Tommorrow I plan on making my Mother's Day rounds. I thought it'd be nice to do that tomorrow instead of on the big day so I could relax Sunday afternoon between church services. So besides the gazillion other things to do tomorrow we will be visiting. I got my and James' mom a set of jammies. They look so comfy.
Okay, I need to get off here and read with Samuel. He's about to start another reader. Glory to God! I think the boy's gonna be alright after all. Then there's math, memory verses, Bible and the list moves on~!

Have a great weekend in the Lord!

[Comments - 1]

May. 9, 2007 -
Today is another usual day! That may sound as a complaint but it is a blessing. I like usual days. Well....when it's unusual I do. Anyway, here's what's on my list for today:
~ Do the wash that's in the master bath....ummmmm about six loads' worth....no joke.
~ Make refried beans and quesadilias for lunch. Yummy.
~ Wash any and all dishes today. Brittany and Dalton blessed me with doing them last night. I can't tell you how encouraging this is to me. I feel like half my day is spent at the sink. I told myself that I was going to delegate this out more a long time ago but that's as far as it went.
~ School is going to take me about two hours to conduct. Hopefully by lunchtime I will have done my teaching...although they will have their bookwork to do this afternoon. I'll be around for any questions.
~ It's Wednesday night. I will be getting everyone's clothes picked out and pressed for midweek worship. Normally I would have done this Monday. But this past Monday we were still recovering from last week's revival and homecoming services.
~ I need to mop the floors today as well. They are overdue as I didn't do them last week.
~ I am hopping on the homemade laundry soap wagon again today. I haven't had any made since New Year's Day. My bucket was used for a home repair on that day so I found it a good excuse not to make any until now.....as it was SO hard to go to the shed and retrieve the bucket. Okay, now with our budget if we want clean clothes, homemade soap it is!
~ I am reading in II Samuel and hope to be through it this week. I depends on how many rabbits I chase.
For supper we are having baked chicken that was cooked yesterday along with rice and gravy and pinto beans. Basically everything is cooked.
Okay, the wheels stop turning if I get on here at all so I must get them reoiled and going again. Have a great day in the Lord.

[Comments - 1]


May. 8, 2007 - Catching My Breath
I am just now coming around to blogging as we've been extra busy with trying to fit in "extras" with "dailies". Let's just say that we've been very busy. Last week we had revival meetings and homecoming. Before that we had church visitation and work on the prophet's chambers.....on and on going along with "normal, everyday life".
As far as school, we are trudging along. I am really hoping we will be done by the end of this month. Our plan is to still be off for two full months. Aaaahhhhhhh, sweet summer. I am thinking of lazy days, water sprinklers, gardens, iced tea, potato salad, leisurely walks, watermelon, muddy feet, evening thunderstorms, smells of grills going, rain showers, roasted marshmallows, cut grass...... I am dreaming of summer.
These first few weeks of May our budget has been on the lean side. Times like these make me thankful for learning about frugality all these years. It's an ever constant process of learning. I am thankful to be able to stretch money James worked so hard for. I will try to post my menu here soon.
Brittany and I "trimmed" each other's hair. Well, let me say I am using that term rather loosely. She "trimmed" all of six inches off the bottom of my hair. I am still in shock and am in denial until I look in the mirror. Can I say, NEVER AGAIN????? It'll be alright as it'll grow back but, um, I am really in shock and really dread it coming up in conversation. I don't want to talk about it really. Okay, maybe people won't notice? James asked me if I took it easy on Brittany and I have to say that I did VERY well under the circumstances. LOL
Today we had the usual school and I worked on changing sheets and straightening the master bedroom. I got several loads of wash done and put away. Our supper was sort of a strange combination. I had two chickens cooking in the roaster. Well, they were slightly frozen when I had put them in but I was thinking they should bake fine. I had fixed all the sides and went to check on the chicken. As I went to cut into one, blood oozed out. It's 7:00pm....what to do? The only thing I had to fix so quickly was corned beef hash and eggs. So we had that along with rice and gravy and baked beans. Shall we say VERY INTERESTING??? LOL
Okay that's it for me tonight. Two of our sweet, obedient, ever loving children have decided to play in the bathroom sink as they were playing waterpark brushing their teeth.

No comments: