Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday's Frenzy

Brrr....it's chilly, dark and wet outside! Oh, where's the sunshine? If you find it, let me know.

I had my six week post-natal check today. I took Gloria along and, boy howdy, she's an absolute trouble maker! Eegggaaaa.... She began getting a little fussy in the waiting room and so I took her out of her seat. She had another blow out and it got all on the front of my skirt...oozing down her legs on all over her as well. Nice, Gloria! Really nice! So, this lady is looking at me like I don't know what I'm doing and asks me if I need help. I tell her that I'll handle it. Right then the nurse comes out and I am in the midst of cleaning this mess up...other patients entering the waiting room as I am dealing with this....spectators, you know! So, I change her diaper and keep her messed up clothes on. We go back for my blood pressure, weight, etc. and she's squalling the whole time. My doctor is trying to talk with her and please her while I run to potty. No success there. So, I go and get ready for what's ahead. While covered with a sheet, she's in her seat crying, crying and crying some more. Doctor and nurse come in and do their job. Once their gone I finally change Gloria into jammies (thank the Lord, I remembered an extra change of clothes!)and she hushes. She's completely happy. So I leave the office with her being completely content. If only it had been sooner.

Joy-Anna, I apologize. Two years ago you gave be a fit in the same office. But you weren't near as evil as your little sis was today. I thank you for that!~

Gloria, I love you all the same and am so glad that I am your mommy!

No comments: