Friday, October 24, 2008

Post Pregnancy Weight

Okay, okay...so it's THAT time.... you know when you've had the baby, party's over and it's time to lose that blubber. I don't mind being soft and round, but not TOO soft and round. I don't want to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy or the Michelin Tire man. I want ME back. Ummm.... the ooolllldddd me from long ago. Okay, so I'll settle for a little less of the current me.



It's been coming off a little slow but wanted to share the journey here a bit. I am a casual loser. I don't do anything drastic and so I am a slow loser too. I guess it's been few times that I have been desperate enough to do anything drastic. But anyhow, I do want to lose some.

My current weight is 169lbs. YIKES! That number typed out would make anyone lose their appetite. So, you'll be seeing some updates of this journey along with all of the other various activities going about. I don't know how often I'll update the weight.... I weigh daily but may post here weekly??? I may chose Fridays as my weigh day since that's what today is. I am guessing I'll lose 1/2 to 1 lb. a week.

My tactics? Well... just watching portions, making sensible choices, and whenever I take the time writing down what I am consuming. I try not to drink any calorie drinks unless it's milk or juice. I do have the occassional sugar tea. I do drink diet soda occassionally and put Splenda type sweetners in my tea. Yeah, it might kill me but six men carrying my casket won't have to strain as much to toss my body in the hole. 'Nuff said.

Pray for me if you feel compelled. I need prayers for motivation and a clear mind to be prepared for what's ahead.

3 comments:

Brittany Watson said...

You can do it Mom!!! xo's brittany

Anonymous said...

Praying for success - the Lord is with you! wykate

Francine said...

Hi susan,
I found your blog from Family Homestead board. I just wanted to encourage you to hang in there. YOu can do it. I am loosing weight myself and some days its easy and some well not so but that's ok we just keep plugging on and we will get there. :0)
I find comfort in knowing that God loves me as I am and he knows my hearts desire so when I get frustrated or have a slip I just talk to him and he helps me..
Have a great day.. know YOU CAN DO IT!!
Hugs,
Francine Howell
itsallaboutlovedeanandfrancine.blogspot.com/