Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who Knew the News?

My, this week has flown! Not that it's over and such but it seems the busier one is the faster time goes, yes? Ah, I was telling Brittany that I am waiting for us to have a normal week, you know with not being so crazy-busy. She proceeds to tell me that crazy-busy is our normal. Okay, so how about a little abnormal. LOL

We have had revival services each night this week. There's only two nights left, sadly. There's so much to glean and it seems my meager brain only absorbs so much. But I listen and try to soak it in. This preacher is 71 years old and has so many great nuggets of wisdom to share. So we listen and learn as we might not hear some nuggets but only once in our lives.

After typing this post I plan on doing a quick house blessing. Our place needs a quick tidy-up. I can only allow things to hit a certain level and then I kinda go nuts. Speaking of nuts, poor James aboutg had to slap me as I was going hysterical with busy-ness. He's great in putting things in perspective for me. The Lord knew exactly who I needed as a partner in marriage and parenthood on this earth.

We went to Goodwill today and caught some great deals. Brittany got some denim skirts, I got a few blouses, Dalton a few pairs of pants, James a pair of pants, two nicely matted picture frames, a water gun, a children's book, Weight Watcher's cookbook, 3 fall decorative scarecrows(they are so cute!) and a big shoe that holds 21 pairs of shoes. All of this for the low, low, low, low price of......KACHING....$16.10!!!! I love that place! The only place better is April's Boutique. That's a side joke for my friend, and she knows what I am talking about.

We have had some wonderful news come our way and I am so thankful for all the LORD has done in handling a certain situation. I cannot share now but once all is said and done I plan to. But who ever thunk that we'd have wonderful new news such as this. Who knew that things could work so well? God knew and He knows.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Susan,
I just can't wait to hear your great news. I'm excited!! Please share as soon as you can.

Yes, you and James are perfect for each other.

Great going on the Goodwill deals. I also love that place.

Thinking of you and love ya my friend,
Cathy

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear your good news. Happy Easter to you all! Kate

JenIG said...

yay for wonderful news! and hurrah for Goodwill!
:)