Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Tuesday errrr, ugh, Wednesday!

I was thinking that it was Tuesday again. Wow, where does the time go? Ha! This week is going by very quickly. There is still soooo much to do that I can't even begin to list. But, yes listing them it is as if I don't list things then I am in big trouble. It seems my brain doesn't function unless I write things down, in the exact order as planned. And if things change, my brain shorts out and we are in big trouble. Not good for a mom of seven, I know! I think I need an herb to sharpen my brain.

Our garden is doing very well. I am going to freeze some beans and squash today. But I won't be doing any picking today except for maybe a few squash and a cucumber. I don't find bean picking any fun. It's my least favorite thing to pick in a garden. Anyway, I think we will have met our bean goal by the end of this week! Then anymore will help supply our bounty and we at least won't go hungry. We'll always have beans to eat! Ha! Hey, with this economy and pay conditions, you do what you can!

We have VBS this week and I think that all of the children are having a great time. We are all studying about running a good race. I personally have been studying about Paul's race and his letters to the churches. What a grand example! But moreso is the race of our Saviour.

With the gardening and VBS work in full swing, housework has been an unorganized, sporatic type chore. But today this is my main focus. I am excited to have a more formal, organized cleaning session. I am more excited about the results. LOL

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Lucky you getting beans!!! I have had to replant because of too much water and now my replants are yellowing and withering on the vine. Ugh. I'm glad that your garden is doing so well.

Our VBS starts next week so I"ll be wild and crazy next week.

Miss you on the homestead board.

Beth (mooremama)

tiffibug said...

You are always so busy! I hope my beans will produce, I had to replant all but one, since the birds snipped them off.

Oh, try Gingko Biloba. It's supposed to help your memory.

Cathy said...

Hi Susan,
Thank you for thinking of us during the wedding.
I always have you all in my prayers and hope your trials will end soon.
I'm always here if you need to "talk".
I love ya friend,
Cathy