Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am down 2.9 pounds to 153! On the 25th I weighed on the Wii board and I was at 155.9. So, here's to week #2. I have set a goal date and that is September 15th. I am hoping to be 135 then.

With new foods to consider and with not having an idea of where our lives are headed with James' work, I am still enjoying the challenge of grocery budgetting. I figured that since tomorrow begins the first of the month that I'd begin posting our grocery budget on here. I thought of entering a grocery budget contest in a magazine but I don't know yet. Either way, I figured I'd post here our budget and how it's going this month.

Lately our budget has been $600 per month. This covers all food and non food. But this month our budget is down to $510. I am excited about the challenge! So far this is what we've spent.

Sam's Club:

1 box corn dogs
2 boxes Frosted Flakes
1 package Lever 2000 soap
Miralax
2 bags yeast rolls
4 big boxes of granola type bars
1 box Cocoa Puffs
4 pounds butter
10 pounds cheddar cheese
5 pounds mozzerella cheese
6 pounds macaroni
160 slices american cheese
brown gravy mix
5 pounds sour cream
4 cans salmon
1 gallon orange juice
6 pounds tortilla chips

Total $187.31

IGA:
1 box ice cream cones
5 qts. cookies and cream ice cream
13-15 pounds ground chuck

Total: $26.56

Produce Stand:

1 plantain
1 head lettuce
1 head cabbage
2 pounds peanuts
15 pounds baking potatoes
1 bunch cilantro
1 cantelope
1 watermelon
1 bunch bananas
1 bag apples

Total: $25.60

Food Lion:

2 packages stir fry beef
3 packages country style ribs

Total: $19.11

Total spent: $258.58
Total left: $251.42

I am excited about this challenge!

Happy dieting and happy budgetting!

No comments: