Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today's Happenings...Happy December!

Happy December, everyone! Today's Pearl Harbor Day... a tragic time in history but one you may want to share with your children. We are now officially finished decorating for Christmas. That isn't very hard with our family as we keep it very simple, in order to not put focus on the decor but on Jesus. All we have is a string of lights across the house, bow attached to cinnamon broom on front door, candle in upstairs window and our nativity scene. That's more than enough for this gal!
Our Christmas play is finished so I feel we can really relax now and enjoy celebrating Jesus' birthday. Speaking of Christmas play. I think that it went off wonderfully, or so I've been told. I was in the back again this year. :)

Here's what I have scheduled for me to do today...

~school
~personal Bible study (I am studying on prayer from a book called Sense and Nonsense About Prayer. .)
~Bible study with Brittany (We are studying on loving God and His love for us. We are reading from An Endless Falling in Love.)
~Devotions with the children (21 Rules of the House, Growing with Jesus)
~Mop all wood floors. This was to be done yesterday but I did today's usual floors yesterday. :)
~Wash colored clothes(4 loads?) This never ends...
~Have children straighten their areas...
~I have a dental cleaning and check up today. I am scared of any bad news....eggaaa
~exercise This is last priority on my list and so may not be gotten to today since I have a dental appointment. I have been walking/running on the treadmill but I got a The Firm tape (for 50 cents!!!!) at Goodwill yesterday. I am excited to get started on that too.
Supper tonight involves something with pinto beans and 1/2 lb. of ground beef. :) I think I'll put a salad on the side too....maybe also some mustard greens as well.

Soon I need to get into the garden and pick the rest of the mustard greens, wash, blanche and freeze them. We will enjoy the eats but I won't look forward to the work. Ha! Hopefully soon our carrots will be big enough to pull as well. I have never done it before but I was hoping to use some of the carrot greens in something. Have any of you ever used the tops from carrots?

Our rooster just died. We had him for over seven years. I was beginning to think that he was going to live till the Lord comes! He was a tough chicken. Anyway, his name was Big Red (he was a Rhode Island Red) and so now Big Red is dead, just like Santa Claus. It's appopriate he died around Christmas. We have added laying mash to the hen's diet along with a light in the chicken house. I am hoping they will begin giving us some eggs soon, despite the short days. It's discouraging to buy eggs at the store when you have 17 or more hens in your backyard!

We are whinding down for our Christmas break...a three week break....a much looked forward to break. Ha! I'll still read with and to the children but as for the rest.....a three. week. break. (Excuse the grammatical errors)

Okay it's time for my shower and to start all of my tasks. Have a wonderful day in the Lord's goodness.

No comments: