Friday, February 4, 2011

Sneaky, Sneaky


Our sweet Joy-Anna

Ha!Ha! Upon reassigning our chore lists I decided that Joy-Anna is well old enough to join the ranks of "chorehood". After all, she's at the grand older age of four years old. Much to our six year old's delight, I assigned her old chore of unloading the dishwasher to Joy-Anna. Upon telling Joy-Anna of her promotion, I wanted to set off on the right foot with a good attitude. So, with a great big smile and brightened eyes, I called Joy-Anna into the room. I said, "Joy-Anna! Guess what??? I am SOOOOO excited to tell you about your job. Boy, it's such a GREAT job to have and is so super important to do. YOU get to unload the dishwasher now! WOW! Isn't this GREAT?" With her usual joyful smile, her eyes brightened up and she said, "Yeah!". I then looked sort of worried and crinkled my brows then said, "But...but..but...you'll let me help sometimes won'tcha'?" She then grinned again and said, "sure you can help....sometimes. " :D Let's see how long the enthusiasm lasts.

Today has been a cold and rainy day. We have been quite busy with our Friday cleaning chores and getting in some school. We've kept the fire going and the house feels pretty toasty. Tonight is our usual pizza night. We may very well make something sweet for afterwards too. I am in the mood for something bready, sweet and carbish.

Thank you all for the links to websites that I asked for. I have been enjoying reading them a lot. Also, thank you on your comments on our pictures of our shopping trip. As you can see, I had a lot of help! Our Gloria (2) even walked throughout the whole store as she didn't want to sit in the buggy. She was so happy about that. I had to "threaten" her twice with having to sit in the buggy when she wouldn't stand still or wanted to touch something she shouldn't. Besides that and two of the children being too eager to help me, and with it resulting in a slight disagreement, we have a great time!

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! If this rain would stop, we'll go witnessing with the church in the morning. Either way, we'll still be heading over to the church as it's our week to clean the buildings. We need to pick up some tea as well. With it so wet outside, we might get some much needed construction work done indoors. A woman can only dream! ;D

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great way to introduce your little one to a chore. I hope the enthusiasm lasts long.

I remember the days of all the kids going grocery shopping with me. The kids told me they felt like little ducks following the Mama Duck.

Have a great weekend with your family.

~Cheryl

Cathy said...

Hi Susan,
I LOVED seeing the pictures of your shopping trip to Aldi. Makes me so excited for ours to open.
Your children are so adorable. What a wonderful family you have.
You and James should be very proud of your children...what a blessing they are.
Love you my friend,
Cathy