Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday June 23



Hey Everybody!

I am resting a little bit before getting going again. Today's been a good day. I went to Dollar General and used my $5 coupon. I bought two more "cans" of coffee that's on sale! Yay! I picked up a few other needs to make up for the $25 needed to spend to use the coupon.
Then we went to TSC store. James has a well part to return and we each bought a sunhat to help in the sun, especially while gardening. I love sunhats! We picked up Sheba's food and pine shaving for the chicken coop. Then we went to our favorite feed and seed store and got some chicken scratch and seeds for our second summer garden. We're planting our roma green beans, collossus peas (?), and fordhook lima beans. They should all be ready to harvest the end of September. We'll plan them sometime this coming week. James also talked with a fellow there on who to buy rabbits from. He gave us two numbers, the top one being the one he recommended. So that's a step closer to getting that started.

We pulled up our old corn stalk and green bean plants and James tilled the ground under. I pulled some weeds and picked a few tomatoes and peas. I observed that our "old" squash plants are beginning to bud up again. So we may very well have some fresh squash soon. I have about 20 bags frozen, so we'll save those for later if these come on.

Today I am making roast and liver nips for supper tonight. Have a blessed evening in the Lord!

No comments: