Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunday

We had a wonderful day! We got up, had a quick breakfast and went through the chaotic drill of getting everyone ready for church. We headed off to church. Sunday school was very good, with the exception of missing two students. They had fun at their grandparents' church, I'm sure. We are studying on Daniel. I have been using a storybook as our lesson book but I didn't like how they left out a lot of good things from the book of Daniel. So, I am making up lessons on that. We had our lesson on chapter one yesterday. Funny thing- we had a conversation on what pulse is in the Bible. In the dictionary it stated it is a vegetable that comes out of a pod. So I was telling the students, "you know, it like peas or butter beans that you shell?". They had no clue! :D So I am bringing some peas in their pods now and butter beans when those are ready. Also, I want to bring some lentils and show them those.

After church we had lunch and went to a few thrift stores. We are looking for some shoes for one girl and a suit for our oldest son. Nope. Didn't happen. So we're still looking...may go to Hamrick's this week sometime.

We came home and had a quick nap and I then made some soup and simple apple pie for our church social after the evening service. We headed back to church and enjoyed a second service. God is so good to have men who are willing to preach His Word!
We had the social afterwards and stayed to talk till 11:00pm! I love our church family!

All in all, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It sounds like a great day. I had to look up the word pulse. My translation says vegetables.

Isn't it great when men in the church can preach? I know we enjoy that as well if our Pastor is gone.

Have a great day with your family.

~Cheryl