Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Usual Tuesday

I was tempted to post on this past Monday's day as it was most excellent. I mean, it was almost downright perfect! But then I thought of how I'd already done a usual Monday and really needed to wait to do a usual Tuesday. Whelp, yesterday was a usual Tuesday alright! :/ LOL

I got up at 6:00. I made James' breakfast and lunch and sent him off to work. I had a few minutes of quiet time before the 14 year old woke up. He's the early riser now in our family. Tuesday are my kitchen days. I worked at sweeping and mopping in the kitchen and dining room as those floors desperately needed it! I worked at clearing off a few counters and wiping down the counters thoroughly. I also detailed the mixer/blender. Bad news in the Watson household-- our coffee maker is leaking! YIKES! We have had this Bunn coffee maker since my 12 year old was a baby. It's been a goody. I will have to replace this coffee maker with a cheapy though. I think I'll get one that will have the coffee ready when I wake up. You know, the kind with a clock on it? That is, if they are too pricey.

Anyway, Brittany worked a bit on a cabinet shelf that needs repairing. Maybe now I can rearrange our pots and pans again. I like the cabinets that we have been gradually putting in the past year. Our kitchen is ever so slowly coming along!

Before lunch, I worked on spelling, grammar and math with the 7,9 and 12 year olds. I felt like pulling my hair out with one who isn't getting it right now but then again was encouraged by another who is sliding through super-well. Isnt' that the way it goes? There's usually one to keep you humble and another that encourages you enough so you'll keep going. LOL

After lunch we had a little free time and I worked on phonics with the five year old. She's doing fairly well. We had circle time songs with her and the three year old. They love this! I guess I do too. :D

For lunch we had chili mac. It's that time of the month where our meals become quite interesting because it's time for that big shopping trip. Right then I decided it was time for a quick grocery run to our local grocery store and produce stand. I am a produce junky per se. I bought $40 worth of produce! I had three baskets overflowing with yummy fruit and veggies. James surprised Samuel and I by stopping in at the produce stand. He was joking that he had to stop so I wouldn't spend all our money there. Haha.

Once getting back from there I began supper of fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy with a salad. Okay, so let me tell ya'. My biggest skillet is a 12" skillet. It took me an hour to fry all over those pork chops! ONE HOUR!!! I was reminded of another reason I don't like frying pork chops or chicken. :D It also reminded me of why I am looking forward to that cast iron skillet James is planning on buying soon. It is a 16" size. I am sooooo excited~! I love cast iron cookware!

After supper we had devotions. We are in the book of Hosea. I also read out of the Prairie Primer. We are to be studying on mustangs this week so the children will be excited as they enjoy horses. After reading we watched a little TV off Netflix. The children like the show called How Thing are Made....or something like that.

By this time it was between 10:30 and 11:00pm. It's way past this mama's bedtime! This is it for another day.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a busy day. It is a little frustrating when one doesn't get a concept, so you as the teacher have to be creative to come up with another way of teaching it. I have been there and done that.

Have a wonderful day with your family. I enjoy reading your posts.

~Cheryl