Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Monday and Tuesday

We had a usual school day for Monday.....slow...:D Grammar did not seem easy but math did. Some days we slide right on through without any problems and then some days I feel as if I am pulling teeth for them to understand. As for chores, we did our daily ones and I worked on my bedroom. It had fallen behind but will be caught up in a few days. I talked with Mama and she reminded me that Tuesday is her appointment for a CT scan. This is to check her throat to see if there's any cancer. I cooked supper for the family. I made hamburger gravy with mushrooms and had that over rice with butter beans. It smelled soooo good but Brittany and I did not eat at home. We  went to a ladies' meeting. A lady made a chicken stew and we had a doughnut. The fellowship was good and we talked about all kinds of things.

Tuesday we got up and had our usual morning. The only exception is that we didn't do school as usual as I had to leave at nine for Mama's appointment. Brittany did some math with the children though. After Mama's appointment for her scan, we went by Ross and she bought me a dress and a black shrug to go over other dresses/blouses. I am excited about my new clothes. :D Then we went to Walmart. I picked up the girls some socks. Walmart did not have any dress socks so I got what came the closest.

We got home, I relaxed a bit and then took a nap. I think I was trying to catch up on my sleep from the night before and for some reason hospitals make me so tired. After nap time I swept some floors, folded some clothes and made supper.We had chicken alfredo with a bit of pesto added and garlic bread.

We had devotions after supper and watched some more Little House on the Prairie. We were all in bed by 10:30pm.

4 comments:

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Susan, So nice of your Mom to get you a new dress and shrug. Your right! New clothes are nice! Must be part of being a woman! Hope your mama continues to be okay. Nancy

Cheryl said...

How nice to get some new clothes. I hope that your mom's appointment went well.

Have a wonderful evening with your family. What a blessing to have Brittany help with some schooling.

~Cheryl

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

I pray all goes well with your mom's appointment. I have heard you mention hamburger gravy before. Would you mind sharing the recipe? This sounds like something we would like. Hubby got me a rice cooker for Christmas and I am looking for new recipes to use with rice. Thanks and God bless.

Anonymous said...

I second the hamburger gravy recipe, please????? We have tried to make it twice and once it had a burnt taste, then the other time it was watery....for lack of a better word. Praying all goes well with your moms latest scan.

~Heather~