Friday, January 11, 2013

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday and Thursday seem a lot the same with a few exceptions. We had church Wednesday evening. It was a good service and love worshipping with church family. Afterwards we went to BiLo to pick up some eggs (yep, 13 or more hens and no eggs!). James treated us to a bucket of ice cream too. This was a nice after church treat. As for the hens, I am  hanging a light out there this weekend, Lord willing. As far as chores, nothing special was done but to keep on top of messes so they wouldn't get worse. I did do quite a bit of ironing...

Thursday we were busy with our usual school and chores. I am encouraged with how well school has been going this week. I feel waiting until Monday to start back was the best decision afterall. As for chores, the main one on Thursday was taking the decorations off the tops cabinets in the kitchen and washing them. I did not finish but got about 70% done. Brittany cut out freezer paper to put on the top cabinets so I won't have to scrub so much next time. Jesse and Joy-Anna helped me with the dishes. Well, it's Jesse's designated day but Joy-Anna is a consistantly hard worker.

Despite all this, we did find time to enjoy the warm weather we're getting. We are having highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. I. am. loving. it. :D  It gives you a false sense that it is time to plant a garden though.
A Burgess seed catalogue arrived in the mail a few days back. I told James that we have to talk. :D

3 comments:

April said...

I love the way cabinets look with decorations on top!! Yea, the garden fever has definitely hit!! :D

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I like your header with all your pictures in it! Nice! Nancy

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

I know what you mean about the eggs. We have 35 hens and some days we only get 6-8 eggs. They have improved some lately though and we are up to 12-15 a day for the past couple of days. They have been molting and I know they really cut back on laying when they are doing that. We also rec. a Burgess catalog in the mail the other day. We so enjoying getting seed catalogs. Enjoy your day and God bless.