Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Menu

I took inventory of what is in our freezer and this is what I came up with. I have it all except for the fish ,fresh produce, yogurt and bread. I have spent $211.86 in the April budget so far. The rest of my spending, except for a some fish, fresh produce, yogurt and bread, will be loss leaders and good deals I find. These purchases can then be used later. I did buy a gospel CD that I put in with the money already spend. :D I wanted it and so took it our of grocery money. I may do this with some ferns for the front porch as well. I am hoping to stay under $500 this month. Last month I spent a little over $400.

This is what I have so far for April:

Breakfast:

1 quiche
8 cereal
1 biscuits and gravy
4 cheese grits
12 eggs and toast
breakfast at church of doughnuts
2 breakfast out of town at campmeeting

Lunch:

leftovers or makeovers (leftover soup, bean burritos...)
hot dogs
sandwiches
ramen (children are excited as it's been a few months since we've  had any)
salad
3 days at camp meeting

Supper:

BBQ chicken and cabbage
macaroni and cheese, leftover BBQ chicken
garlic, rosemary pork loin, mashed potatoes, green beans
pulled BBQ pork from butt roast, rice and hash, green beans, slaw, rolls
ham, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole
meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
pizza muffins
homemade pizza
upside down pizza
camp meeting 2 nights
chicken sandwiches with homemade chic fil a sauce
chicken margheritta pasta
tacos 2X
chicken quesadillas
tuna salad sandwiches
taco soup
chicken noodle soup
vegetable soup
pintos, fried potatoes, cornbread
pinto bean casserole
leftovers
pork fried rice and stir fried cabbage
chicken pita pockets with cucumber dressing

There's four nights left in the month and this really needs to be filled with fish to even our our diet.

3 comments:

April said...

Sounds good!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Good job organizing your meals! I went to camp meeting with my Mom. It was a Free Methodist campgrounds in Michigan. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yeah pizza muffins!!! We are becoming addicted to these :D I tried to do a menu plan, but am waiting until after this weekend to be real specific. My hubby is catering a BBQ and they have told him we can keep all the left over meat. What great finds at the salvage store. There isn't 1 here in our small town in AZ but hopefully we can find 1 in KY when we move in a month :)

~HEather~