Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April

Here we are in April. Wow, I am so excited about that. March always seems so cold and is the tale end of winter when I get anxious for spring. April is when I think of spring and it's the month of mine and James' anniversary.

Easter was wonderful! We started by getting up early (myself at 5:15, the children at 5:45 to 6am), got dressed and headed off to church at 6:45. We had Sonrise service at 7:30. This was wonderful! After the service we all went to the fellowship hall and cooked breakfast, which was perfect. It's so nice to work together as a team and enjoy the benefits. We had our regular morning service at 11am.

Once service was over we headed straight to my parent's house for dinner. It was extra special because we missed Thanksgiving and Christmas with Mama as she was so sick. So this was our first dinner together since last Easter.

After our visit we came home for a short nap and time of rest. We then got up and went to a sister church for a combined Easter service with, I believe, 4-5 churches together. Afterwards we talked with some people we don't see much and then headed toward home. James stopped and picked up a gallon of ice cream for the children. When we got home, they had ice cream while James and I had leftover ribs from Saturday.

Today we have taken it easy in the morning. This is our break time from a very busy weekend. After lunch we will be back to business as usual. We'll have our assigned chores and school. Speaking of assigned chores... I love my chart, I love my chart , I love my chart! SERIOUSLY! It is working sooooo well.

Tonight we are having grilled chicken leg quarters, salad, green beans and maybe coleslaw....

Have a great day in the Lord!


3 comments:

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Your supper sounds delicious. God bless.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I think you had a wonderful Easter! It is great that your Mama was well enough to celebrate with you this year. I love barbecue spareribs! Nancy

April said...

It was a great day! I am so glad that ya'll were able to got to your moms! All that cookin sounds yummy! Makes me want to fire up a grill! Have a great week!!